Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Being Sick Is So Expensive!!

The Hen House if on official LOCK DOWN!

This week we have all had sinus colds, Bronchitis, chest infections, and now a stomach bug! It has been a crazy, drool filled, puke filled, snot filled week I can tell you!
It has been so hard with EVERYONE sick at the same time, and one VERY expensive week as well!

It's been about 3 years since I have been as sick as I have this past week, and adding that to Mr. Rooster and the kids too it's been a very expensive week for medications, prescriptions and all the fun things that come along with illness!

I have spent a ton on all these illness preventatives and helpers and that's not even including the small fortune I've spent on juice, soup and other items to help us along this past week! I am shocked at how quickly cough syrups, throat lozenges, Gravol, Tylenol, antihistamines and other medications can add up, and sad at how quick we've gone through them :(

 Sadly I've spent more time at the pharmacy then at work this week, and I think the Pharmacist knows me by name! LOL
I will be happy once all these germs are gone and out of my hen house and everyone is back to their normal selves and the normal amount of drool!

1 comment:

cdnkaro said...

Ugh, terrible! If I still lived in town, I would bring you home-made feel better chicken soup. Hope everyone is on their feet again soon!